- 1 Sonic.net, Inc. Billing Policy
- 1.1 General Subscriber Information
- 1.2 Account and Billing Information
- 1.3 Payment/Renewal Options
- 1.4 Invoicing
- 1.5 Billing cycle
- 1.6 Overdue Accounts
- 1.7 Collection Fees
- 1.8 Cancellation and refunds
- 1.9 DSL Service Policies
- 1.10 AT&T Phone Lines
- 1.11 DSL Equipment
- 1.12 DSL Service Levels & Guarantees
Sonic.net, Inc. Billing Policy
Billing office address:
2260 Apollo Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Contact Numbers: 707-522-1000 Local Billing
1-888-766-4233 Toll Free
707-547-2199 Fax Line
To find a local billing number please visit http://www.sonic.net/support/focal/
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays.) We are also closed every 1st Friday of the month for an all-staff meeting from 2-3pm.
Information about account types, services and current pricing can be found on our sales page, located at http://www.sonic.net/sales.
General Subscriber Information
Thank you for choosing Sonic.net as your Internet Service Provider. Our company was founded in 1994 and since then we have consistently earned the highest customer service ratings in Sonoma County. If you don't receive quality customer service every time you contact us, please email us or give us a call. We value your opinion and want to be sure you are always satisfied.
By signing up for any Sonic.net services, you acknowledge that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, and you agree that you have the legal authority to enter into this agreement and affirm that the information you supply to us is correct and complete.
Please understand that Sonic.net relies on the information you supply and that providing incorrect information may result in delays of service, a lock on the account or termination of your account services.
Sonic.net, Inc. reserves the right to change policies, services, and pricing. Your continued use of an account signifies acceptance of any and all policies and policy or price changes. You may cancel if you do not agree with changes in policy, service, or pricing.
Sonic.net, Inc. reserves the right to refuse to provide service to anyone.
Account and Billing Information
Please help us serve you better by notifying us of any changes to your personal or billing information. To update your Contact & Billing Information please visit our Member Tools at https://members.sonic.net, call us at 707-522-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating Business Name or Billing Name: If you wish to change the listed ownership of your account, please submit an Account Transfer Form signed by both the current and new account holders by mail or by fax (Mailing address and fax number information). If it is not possible for the listed owner to submit such a request please call the Sonic.net, Inc. billing department and our representatives will be happy to assist in making the necessary arrangements. We will only make changes for the owner-of-record or those to whom the owner grants authority.
Sonic.net, Inc. accepts Master Card, VISA, American Express and Discover credit cards as payment for your services.
Check Payments: Check payments can be made in person or by mail.
- Returned Checks: A twenty five ($25.00) service fee will be applied to the current balance due on all returned checks. Any bounced checks must be replaced with a cashiers check or a money order.
Credit Card Payments: Credit card payments can be made over the phone, in person or online. To renew your account via credit card please visit http://www.sonic.net/renew. An automatic billing feature is available for your convenience. Please note if you choose to pay by credit card and choose auto-billing, your payment will automatically be processed 5 days before your payment due date and you will receive a receipt as your notification after the payment is processed and your account is renewed.
- Credit Card Failures/Declines: If for any reason your credit card renewal is not processed you will be notified via email. If the payment is returned as declined, expired, or invalid Sonic.net asks that you please call and verify your credit card information, so that we can process your transaction. You may also visit http://www.sonic.net/renew to renew online with a different credit card.
- New Credit Cards or Updated Expirations: If you receive a new credit card number or an updated expiration date please visit our Member Tools at https://members.sonic.net at least 5 days before your next due date to update your credit card information for the next renewal. Or contact us at 707-522-1000 during business hours and we will be happy to assist you.
- Disputes/Charge Backs: Sonic.net encourages you to call our Billing Department if you have any questions regarding your invoices or your bank credit card statement. We will need your username or the whole card number and the original post date of the charge in question. Our Billing Department is here Monday - Friday from 8-5 and will be happy to answer questions concerning your billing.
If you wish to dispute any charges that Sonic.net has made to your credit card, please notify Sonic.net within 30 days of the original posting date of the transaction. If you dispute charges directly with your bank and your dispute results in a credit card charge-back to Sonic.net, you will be charged a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) service fee. You will be responsible for any non-disputed charges beyond thirty (30) days.
All invoicing is done via email to your Sonic.net email address or by fax (if requested). If you would like to request a different email address or arrange to have your invoiced faxed to you please visit https://members.sonic.net and select the Update Invoice Delivery Options link. call our Billing department or email us at email@example.com.
We also offer postal invoices for your account. Postal invoices are sent approximately 30 days before your due date. If you would like to sign up for this service please visit https://members.sonic.net or call us at 707-522-1000 during business hours. There is an additional charge of $1.25 (one dollar and twenty five cents) per month for postal invoicing.
- Check Payments: When paying check you will receive an email invoice. The invoice will be transmitted 20-30 days before your due date. Invoices will be sent approximately every 10 days until the account is paid or the due date passes. The invoice identifies the due date, the amount and the address to send payments to. You will receive a payment confirmation via email when your payment is processed.
Core account services (all services except for DSL Services) are billed quarterly (every 3 months) unless you change the payment interval via your Member tools at https://members.sonic.net or by calling our Billing Department. All Sonic.net services are prepaid. Payments are credited from the account due date, not from the date the payment is received.
- Grace Period/Late Fee: A grace period of five days from the due date is given for most accounts (there is no grace period for Colocation, T1's and some wireless services which have a separate billing contract). After five days without payment, we will send you a printed invoice reminder via postal mail along with a return envelope and payment remittance stub. The new invoice will also include a late fee of 1.5% of the current balance due in addition to the original renewal amount. Late fees are posted each month the account is overdue. The late fee must be paid with the current invoice due. To prevent late fees, please sign up for Automatic Credit card Billing at https://members.sonic.net or contact our Billing department.
- 5 days overdue: If your account is overdue past 5 days, you will be sent an invoice reminder via postal mail along with a return envelope and a remittance stub. This invoice will include all past due charges as well as a late fee of 1.5% of your current billing.
- 30 days overdue: If your account is delinquent for more than 30 days it will be disabled, and your account will incur a second late fee of an additional 1.5% of the current balance due. While your account is disabled you will be unable to access your email and your web access will be limited to our online account renewal service. If your account is disabled please visit www.sonic.net/renew to pay by credit card or send in a check payment. Once we receive your payment in full, your account will be automatically re-enabled.
- 35 days overdue (DSL customers only): If your account is more than 35 days overdue and you have DSL service you will receive a DSL disconnect notice. Your DSL service will be automatically disconnected on the 40th day of being overdue if payment is not received. Please call us before the 40th day and make a full payment to your account in order to prevent DSL disconnection! Any DSL early termination fees applicable at the time of disconnection will be included in your final balance.
- 40 days overdue: If your account is more than 40 days overdue, we will send you a Final Statement to close out your account, which will be due within 30 days from the Statement date.
- 60 or more days overdue: If your account is more than 60 days overdue and we have not received notice of cancellation, your website will be removed and your incoming email will be bounced back to the sender. Your account will then be sent to an outside collections agency.
For any delinquent accounts that are sent to an outside collections agency, you will incur a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) processing fee in addition to any other service charges and late fees you have already incurred. You will be responsible for all collection costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
Cancellation and refunds
Unfortunately we are not able to suspend accounts or place accounts "on hold." If you will be unable to use your account for an extended period of time, you should cancel the account and reinstate it at a later date. This includes users whose equipment is down for repair or is otherwise unusable for the purpose of connecting to Sonic.net, Inc.
Sonic.net does not monitor the usage of your service. Absence of activity will not result in termination of your account by Sonic.net, and no refunds will be given based on the absence of activity. If you fail to notify us of your intention to cancel you will be responsible for all access fees until the date of account termination regardless of whether you used the service (see overdue accounts.)
For your protection, cancellation of your account must be done in person, by phone or by postal mail. Written requests must contain your username, the current date and your reason for cancellation. Only the primary account holder can cancel an account.
You may request that your account cancellation take place either on the day of your request or at the end of your current paid billing interval (this may not apply to DSL, T1 and Colocation accounts- please consult your billing contract or contact our billing department for information about canceling those services.) Sonic.net will not issue any pro-rated refunds for any prepaid or unused time.
Accounts will only be canceled in full when the balance on the account is zero dollars ($0.00).
Be sure to retrieve any information you want to keep- email, web pages, files in your web, FTP and home directories, etc. - and save it separately from your account before you cancel. Upon cancellation, all user data will be eliminated.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee for Dial-up Customers: If you are not satisfied with the service and choose to cancel your account within thirty days (30) of the activation date, your Sonic.net fees will be refunded upon cancellation. Full refunds will not be given if the account has been active for more than 30 days, or for returning Dial-up accounts. Note: This refund policy applies to Dial-up accounts only; it does not apply to AT&T DSL circuit fees, the AT&T DSL early termination fee or to other Sonic.net account types or services.
- DSL Cancellations: DSL cancellations take an additional 3-5 business days to process after we are notified. You will be responsible for fees incurred during this period.
DSL Service Policies
The following terms apply to all customers with DSL service.
By ordering DSL service, you agree to be bound by Sonic. net's promotional terms, AUP and billing policy.
Promotional pricing is only available to new customers and new DSL circuits and only one promotional discount is allowed per household. Any applicable taxes, telecommunications surcharges or other governmental charges are the customers sole responsibility. A Federal Universal Service Recovery Fee will be applied to all new circuits.
AT&T Phone Lines
You must maintain AT&T telephone service in continuous working order in order to maintain the DSL circuit. Any action taken by you or the phone company resulting in telephone service being disconnected or moved will result in loss of the DSL service. You will remain bound by the one-year term in all such cases, and early termination fees will still apply. Introductory pricing applies only to the level of service of the original DSL order. Any change to the service level or any service disconnection or move voids the introductory rate and pricing immediately reverts to normal.
Sonic.net does provide a DSL modem if required. The modem is $49.95 plus applicable sales tax and shipping and handling. If a PCI Ethernet card (NIC) is required, there is an additional $9.95 fee plus tax and shipping and handling. If, for reasons beyond your control Sonic.net is unable to provide a DSL circuit, we will accept returned equipment in new condition for a refund of money paid for the equipment (shipping and handling is non-refundable). All new DSL modems will be replaced if faulty within one year of the purchase date.
DSL Service Levels & Guarantees
Actual data transfer rates may vary as measured between NIC at your location and the DSL-equipped Central Office or Remote Terminal, -depending upon several factors including line quality and loop length. Minimum service speeds are subject to 10%-20% protocol overhead. Actual transfer rates above 80% of the listed minimum transfer rate will be considered acceptable. Sonic.net makes no guarantees regarding the availability of DSL until the service is established.
Sonic.net will not be considered responsible for outages that we are not notified about by the account holder. Someone from your location must be available for troubleshooting and connection setup. You have the sole responsibility for any local network infrastructure at the installation premises.
DSL is a best-effort service. We will do our best to ensure that the service remains functional at all times. However, DSL circuit uptime is not guaranteed and the DSL contract terms do not include a provision for credit for down time. If you need a connection which includes a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that defines procedures and credits for down time, please contact us about services that may be available to you such as T1, dedicated lines, etc.