2Wire 1000 PPPoE
In order to make a 2Wire Homeportal 1000 series modem function on a Sonic.net Fusion of ADSL1 connection, it is typically necessary to disable PPPoE.
- Go to http://home/setup/ in the browser of your choice. If this doesn’t work, try http://192.168.1.254/setup/ or http://172.16.0.1/setup/.
- You may be challenged for a login name and password to proceed.
- You should be prompted for a key code:
- For a DHCP setup, enter the following code: 5225-26Q4-2262-22AS-B28F
- For a Static IP setup, enter the following code instead: 5225-26R4-2E62-22AS-B27H
Alternately, you can use the normal web interface with the following procedure:
- First, you’ll need to access the 2wire’s web interface. Go to http://home/ in the web browser of your choice. If this doesn’t work, try http://192.168.1.254 or http://172.16.0.1
- You may be challenged for a username and password
- Select "Broadbank Link"
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Change connection type to "Direct IP (DHCP or Static)"
- Make sure that both the Broadband IP and Broadband DNS are set to “Obtain Automatically” if you wish to use DHCP for network configuration.
- For a static configuration, furnish the IP address, Gateway, Subnet Mask, and DNS provided.
If for some reason you are challenged for a login name and password you do not know, contact the vendor that sold you your 2wire Homeportal. Repeatedly requesting a password hint may cause some models to prompt for the 2wire’s serial number instead, but we have not found this to be consistent across all models.