- 1 Sonic.net, Inc. Billing Policy
- 1.1 General Subscriber Information
- 1.2 Account and Billing Information
- 1.3 Payment/Renewal Options
- 1.4 Invoicing
- 1.5 Billing cycle
- 1.6 Overdue Accounts
- 1.7 Collection Fees
- 1.8 Cancellation and refunds
- 1.9 DSL Service Levels & Guarantees
Sonic.net, Inc. Billing Policy
Billing office address:
2260 Apollo Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Contact Numbers: 707-522-1000 Local Billing
1-888-766-4233 Toll Free
707-547-2199 Fax Line
To find a local billing number please visit http://www.sonic.net/support/focal/
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays.) We are also closed every Friday for an all department meeting from 2-230pm.
General Subscriber Information
Thank you for choosing Sonic as your Internet Service Provider. Since 1994, we have consistently earned the highest customer service ratings in Sonoma County. If you don't receive quality customer service every time you contact us, please email us or give us a call. We value your opinion and want to be sure you are always satisfied.
By signing up for any Sonic services, you acknowledge that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, you agree that you have the legal authority to enter into this agreement, and affirm that the information you supply to us is correct and complete.
Please understand that Sonic relies on the information you supply and that providing incorrect information may result in delays of service, a lock on the account, or termination of your account services.
Sonic.net, Inc. reserves the right to change policies, services, and pricing. Your continued use of a Sonic account signifies acceptance of any and all policies as well as policy or price changes. You may cancel your account if you do not agree with changes in policy, service, or pricing.
Sonic.net, Inc. reserves the right to refuse to provide service to anyone.
Twelve (12) month term requirement
Sonic Internet services require a twelve (12) month service agreement. If you cancel your service before the agreement expires, you will be subject to an Early Termination Fee of one hundred forty-nine dollars ($149) or the remaining monthly charges, whichever is less, unless you cancel within the first thirty (30) days after service activation. You must cancel the agreement by calling 1-888-766-4233. If you cancel within the thirty (30) days of the date service is activated and return all equipment you have received from us, the early termination fee will not be charged. If you do not cancel the agreement within thirty (30) days, you will automatically be billed and the terms of the twelve (12) month agreement will apply. You agree that if you cancel service after thirty (30) days of activation, you will pay an early termination fee of one hundred forty-nine dollars ($149) or the remaining monthly charges, whichever is less. Acceptance of these terms will occur at checkout.
Account and Billing Information
Please help us serve you better by notifying us of any changes to your personal or billing information. To update your contact or billing information please visit our Member Tools at https://members.sonic.net or call us at 707-522-1000. Unfortunately we are not able to update customer information via email due to security reasons. We will only make changes for the owner-of-record or those with listed administrative access to an account.
Updating Business Name or Billing Name: If you wish to change the listed ownership of your account, please submit an Account Transfer Form by mail, as an attachment in an email, or by fax (Mailing address and fax number information). If it is not possible for the listed owner to submit such a request please call the Sonic.net, Inc. billing department and our representatives will be happy to assist in making the necessary arrangements. This form must be signed by both the current and new account holders.
For a business account, you may also send a letter on company letterhead with the following information:
- Explanation of why the previous account holder is no longer there and is no longer responsible for the account in question.
- Name, contact, and billing information of the new account holder.
- Dated signature of the new account holder.
Credit Card Payments: All Residential and Small Business accounts are required to have an active credit card on file for automatic billing. Your payment will be processed 5 days before your due date and you will receive a receipt via email.
- Payment Failure: If for any reason your credit card renewal is unable to be processed, you will be notified via email. A second attempt will be made on your due date. If the payment is declined for any reason, we ask that you please call and verify your credit card information. You may also visit http://www.sonic.net/renew to renew online with a different credit card.
- New Credit Cards or Updated Expirations: If you receive a new credit card number or an updated expiration date please visit our Member Tools at https://members.sonic.net at least 5 days before your next due date to update your credit card information for the next renewal. Or contact us at 707-522-1000 during business hours and we will be happy to assist you.
- Disputes/Charge Backs: Any billing related inquiries should be directed to 707-522-1000 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday. We will need your username, credit card number, and the original post date of the charge in question. If you wish to dispute any charges that Sonic has made to your credit card, please notify us within thirty (30) days of the original posting date of the transaction. If you dispute charges directly with your bank and your dispute results in a credit card charge-back to Sonic, you will be charged a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) service fee. You will be responsible for any non-disputed charges beyond thirty (30) days.
Check Payments: Check payments can be made in person or by mail. Payments by check are not accepted for Fusion services.
- Returned Checks: A twenty five ($25.00) service fee will be applied to the current balance due on all returned checks. Any bounced checks must be replaced with a cashiers check or a money order.
Invoicing is available for our Enterprise accounts with a current credit application on file. Please see your Account Executive for one of these forms. All invoicing is done via email. If you would like to request a different email address, please visit https://members.sonic.net and select the “Update Invoice Delivery Options” link, by calling our Billing department, or emailing us at email@example.com. Non-Fusion service accounts may be eligible for invoicing by credit form on file with Sonic.
- Check Payments: When paying by check you will receive an emailed invoice. The invoice will be transmitted twenty-thirty (20-30) days before your due date. Invoices will be sent every ten (10) days until the account is paid or the due date passes. You will receive a payment confirmation via email when your payment is processed.
Most account services are billed monthly. All Sonic services are billed in advance. Payments are credited from the account due date, not from the date the payment is received.
- Grace Period/Late Fee: A grace period of five days from the due date is given for most accounts (Enterprise customers: please refer to your contract for additional terms and conditions). After five days without payment, we will send you a printed invoice reminder via postal mail along with a return envelope and payment remittance stub. The new invoice will also include an additional late fee of 1.5% of the current balance due. Late fees are posted each month the account is overdue. The late fee must be paid with the current invoice due. To prevent late fees, please sign up for Automatic Credit card Billing at https://members.sonic.net or contact our Billing department.
- 5 days overdue: If your account is overdue past 5 days, you will be sent an invoice reminder via postal mail along with a return envelope and a remittance stub. This invoice will include all past due charges as well as a late fee of 1.5% of your current billing.
- 30 days overdue: If your account is delinquent for more than 30 days it will be disabled, and your account will incur a second late fee of an additional 1.5% of the current balance due. While your account is disabled you will be unable to access your email and your web access will be limited to our online account renewal service. If your account is disabled please visit www.sonic.net/renew to pay by credit card or send in a check payment. Once we receive your payment in full, your account will be automatically re-enabled. If your account becomes past due, payment must be made in full before services will be restored.
- 35 days overdue (DSL customers only): If your account is more than 35 days overdue and you have DSL service you will receive a DSL disconnect notice. Your DSL service will be automatically disconnected on the 40th day of being overdue if payment is not received. Please call us before the 40th day and make a full payment to your account in order to prevent DSL disconnection! Any DSL early termination fees applicable at the time of disconnection will be included in your final balance.
- 40 days overdue: If your account is more than 40 days overdue, we will send you a Final Statement to close out your account, which will be due within 30 days from the Statement date.
- 60 or more days overdue: If your account is more than 60 days overdue and we have not received notice of cancellation, your website will be removed and your incoming email will be bounced back to the sender. Your account will then be sent to an outside collections agency.
For any delinquent accounts that are sent to an outside collections agency, you will incur a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) processing fee in addition to any other service charges and late fees you have already incurred. You will be responsible for all collection costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
Cancellation and refunds
Sonic Internet services require a twelve (12) month service agreement.
If you cancel your service before the agreement expires, you will be subject to an Early Termination Fee of one hundred forty-nine dollars ($149) or the remaining monthly charges, whichever is less, unless you cancel within the first thirty (30) days after service activation. You must cancel the agreement by calling 1-888-766-4233. If you cancel within the thirty (30) days of the date service is activated and return all equipment you have received from us, the early termination fee will not be charged. If you do not cancel the agreement within thirty (30) days, you will automatically be billed and the terms of the twelve (12) month agreement will apply. You agree that if you cancel service after thirty (30) days of activation, you will pay an early termination fee of one hundred forty-nine dollars ($149) or the remaining monthly charges, whichever is less. Acceptance of these terms will occur at checkout. Exception: If you are moving to an area that Sonic does not cover after thirty (30) days of activation, physical Proof of Residency is required to refund the one hundred forty-nine dollars ($149) or remaining monthly charges, whichever is less.
Unfortunately we are not able to suspend accounts or place accounts "on hold." If you will be unable to use your account for an extended period of time, we advise you to cancel the account and reinstate it at a later date. This includes users whose equipment is down for repair or is otherwise unusable for the purpose of connecting to Sonic.net, Inc. Sonic does not monitor the usage of your service. Absence of activity will not result in termination of your account by Sonic and no refunds will be given based on the absence of activity. If you fail to notify us of your intention to cancel you will be responsible for all access fees until the date of account termination regardless of whether you used the service. see overdue accounts
For your protection, cancellation of your account must be done in person, by phone, email, or by postal mail. Written requests must contain your username, the current date, your reason for cancellation, and the account holder's signature. Only the primary account holder or other verified listed admin can cancel an account.
Fusion Accounts - You may request that your account cancellation take place either on the day of your request or at the end of your current paid billing interval (Enterprise accounts- please consult your billing contract or contact Account Executive for information about canceling those services). We will issue a pro-rated refund for any prepaid or unused time in the current billing cycle.
Fusion FTTN Accounts - Cancellations take 30 days to process from date of request and customer is responsible for billing during that time. We will issue a pro-rated refund for any prepaid or unused time in the current billing cycle.
Accounts will only be canceled in full when the balance on the account is zero dollars ($0.00).
Be sure to retrieve any information you wish to keep - email, web pages, files in your FTP and home directories, etc. - and save it locally before you cancel your account. Upon cancellation, all user data will be deleted.
- 30 Day Cancellation Policy: If you are not satisfied with the service and choose to cancel your account within thirty days (30) of the activation date, you will not be subject to an early termination fee. If the account has been active for more than 30 days, you will be subject to an early termination fee. Please note: This policy applies to Fusion accounts only.
DSL Service Levels & Guarantees
Actual data transfer rates may vary as measured between NIC at your location and the DSL-equipped Central Office or Remote Terminal, -depending upon several factors including line quality and loop length. Minimum service speeds are subject to 10%-20% protocol overhead. Actual transfer rates above 80% of the listed minimum transfer rate will be considered acceptable. Sonic makes no guarantees regarding the availability of DSL until the service is established.
Sonic will not be considered responsible for outages that we are not notified about by the account holder. Someone from your location must be available for troubleshooting and connection setup. You have the sole responsibility for any local network infrastructure at the installation premises.
DSL is a best-effort service. We will do our best to ensure that the service remains functional at all times. However, DSL circuit uptime is not guaranteed and the DSL contract terms do not include a provision for credit for down time. If you need a connection which includes a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that defines procedures and credits for down time, please contact us about services that may be available to you such as T1, dedicated lines, etc.
The following terms apply to all customers with DSL service.
By ordering DSL service, you agree to be bound by Sonic.net's promotional terms, AUP and billing policy. Any applicable taxes, telecommunications surcharges or other governmental charges are the customers sole responsibility.
AT&T Phone Lines
You must maintain AT&T telephone service in continuous working order in order to maintain the DSL circuit. Any action taken by you or the phone company resulting in telephone service being disconnected or moved will result in loss of the DSL service.