Enabling Annex M on the 2210 and 2247
To configure a Motorola 2210 or Motorola 2247 to use Annex M, connect to the device via telnet and issue the following commands:
configure set dmt dsl-annex-support on save exit restart
Connecting via telnet in Windows 7
Note: on recent versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system, the telnet application must be explicitly installed before it is available.
- Select the Start button
- In the "search" field, type "telnet 192.168.1.254" and hit enter.
- A new window should appear prompting you to provide the admin username and password for your Motorola.
Connecting via telnet in Mac OSX
- Open your Macintosh's hard drive
- Open the Applications folder
- Open the Utilities folder
- Double-click the "terminal" icon. A new window should appear.
- Type "telnet 192.168.1.254" and hit return.
- You should be prompted to provide the admin username and password for your Motorola.