Fusion DSL and Voice-Only Voice FAQ
All residential Sonic phone lines have unlimited nation-wide calling and to 70 countries worldwide. 7-digit dialing (for calls within your area code) is supported in areas without an area code overlay. You can check this list, and if your area code is listed with another, then you are living in an area with an overlay and must use 10-digit dialing. You must dial +1 when using 10-digit dialing. Global calling rates are the same for both business and residential lines. Additional taxes and fees related to Fusion voice service are applied on a per line basis. See Also: Troubleshooting Fusion Voice
If you are a Fusion FTTN or Fiber customer please see the Fusion IPBB and Fiber Voice FAQ
All Fusion Voice lines comes with Voicemail services free of charge. For more information see the Fusion Voice Mail FAQ
Caller ID With Names
Fusion comes with Caller ID, which is be used to display a caller's telephone number and or name on a called user's telephone. With Caller ID Blocking, you can prevent the display of your phone number (Note that some recipients block calls where there is no caller id). You can enable or disable caller id from the Voice settings in Member Tools, or by using the star codes *67 to enable or *82 to disable Caller Id Blocking.
Call Waiting enables you to suspend the current telephone call and switch to a new incoming call (typically, this is done by pushing the flash button), and you can then negotiate with the new or the current caller an appropriate time to ring back. Call Waiting can be enabled or disabled from the Voice settings in Member Tools
Fusion also comes with:
- 0 Operator assistance isn't available.
- 211 2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. see 2-1-1
- 311 Non Emergency Services (where available) see 3-1-1
- 511 transportation and traffic information is also free of charge, provided by SF Bay Area 511.
- 611 Sonic.net Customer Service and Fusion Self Service Tools see 6-1-1
- 711 TTY relay service.
- 811 Call Before you Dig hotline. See call811.com for details.
- 911 Emergency Services
- 933 Play address information provided to 911 Emergency Services
- *67 Caller-ID blocking. Dial this code before your outbound call to disable caller ID for the next call. Please note that there will not be a dial tone after dialing *67; simply continue dialing.More information can be found on our Caller ID Blocking page.
- *69 Last Call Return. Will immediately dial back the last inbound caller if possible.
- *72 Call-Forwarding, see Call Forwarding for more information.
- *73 Disable Call-Forwarding.
- *77 Enable Anonymous call rejection
- *82 Disable Caller-ID Blocking. Will unblock outbound Caller-ID on your next call if it is blocked by default. Please note that there will not be a dial tone after dialing *82; simply continue dialing.
- *88 Disable Anonymous call rejection
- *99 accesses voicemail from your phone.
- *272 turns on a high-pitched (1004 Hz) tone on your line.
- *273 plays a read-back of your caller-ID information.
- Fusion Voice lines have international calling disabled by default. Global calling can be enabled by logging in to membertools and then, following the steps here International Calling.
- Please note: some international destinations dialed as +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx are available even when international calling is disabled, see International calling rates
- Calls to Canada can be placed directly. To dial Mexico, you must first dial 011.
- "10-10-321"-style toll dial-around is not supported.
- Collect calls (aka "charge reversal") are not supported. As an alternative to collect calling, we recommend using a pre-paid phone card.
- 976 or 900 toll calling is not supported.