Restore Deleted Email Messages
IMAP users should first check their Trash (Deleted Messages, etc.) to make sure that the messages isn't waiting for them there. If the message has already been expunged from the server then it may be possible to restore the email using the snaphots.
When an email client using POP3 tells our servers to delete a message, instead of deleting the message our servers move it into a special Namespace and folder. The contents of this special folder is automatically purged after 7 days. This allows any users to easily restore a lost message within 7 days of the time that it was deleted. To restore messages in that folder:
- Log in to your email account at https://webmail.sonic.net
- Click Settings (top right of the screen)
- Click "Folders" from the leftmost pane beneath Settings
- In the folder list you should see a tree with DELETED_MESSAGES and an INBOX folder beneath it
- Check the box for the INBOX folder under DELETED MESSAGES if it isn't already.
- Click "Mail" at the top right of the screen
- You should now see an INBOX folder under DELETED_MESSAGES
- From here, highlight each page of messages and drag and drop them back into your main Inbox folder
- Continue until all messages are restored