This page has been deprecated. It may: *Reference services that Sonic.net no longer offers *Refer to hardware or software that are outdated or no longer available The page has been left up for reference only.
Depending upon when it was distributed, a given Westell Wirespeed may be preconfigured to use a truck VP/VC of 0/35 or 8/35. When using such a device on a newer DSL circuit, it may be necessary to change this configuration using the Westell Management Utility.
- Download and install the Westell Management Utility. A program named "Westell ADSL Management" should appear in your programs folder.
- Load the Westell ADSL Management program.
- Click "Advanced"
- In the Configuration section of the following screen, click the button labeled "Configure..."
- On the following screen, use the following settings:
- VPI (0-255) should be set to 0.
- Mark the "Enable" checkbox next to the column with the following settings:
- VPI 35
- Peak Cell Rate 100
- Class of Service UBR
- Mark the checkbox labeled "Forward Broadcast."
- Mark the checkbox labeled "Forward IP Multicast."
- Click the button labeled "Set" to finish. The Westell Wirespeed will take a moment to load its new settings, after which it should begin working.
Note: the Westell Management Utility is created by Westell Technologies. Sonic.net makes no guarantees regarding its use.
- POWER: This is the Power light.
- READY: This is the Sync light.
- LINK: This is the LAN light.
- ACTIVITY: This is the Transmit and the Receive activity indicator
- Modem does respond to ATM channel pings.
- Modem uses the inside two pins in the phone jack.
- Modem is either set to trunk VP/VP 0/35 or 8/35, you must use a configuration tool to change the modem setting.